Chapter 5 really stood out to me because it focuses on building and sustaining a personal learning network. The chapter explains how educators can grow by intentionally connecting with others, both in person and online. It is not just about having contacts, but about forming meaningful relationships that support learning and growth over time. This made me think about my grandparents, who both taught at my elementary school, and basically taught half of my town. Now they always have someone that can help them out with a job or whatever because of the relationships they established years ago. I also liked how the author emphasized that being connected is not about being popular or constantly online, but about being purposeful with who you learn from and how you share.
When I was reading I kept thinking about how important this idea is in today’s world. We are surrounded by information, but that does not mean we are truly learning. Chapter 5 reminded me that growth happens through conversation, reflection, and collaboration. When educators share ideas and experiences, they become stronger and more confident in their work. It made me realize that learning does not stop after college. It continues through the people we choose to surround ourselves with and the communities we actively participate in.
Personally, this chapter encouraged me to be more intentional about the connections I build. Whether it is through social media, professional groups, or simple conversations, I see the value in surrounding myself with people who challenge and inspire me. Building a strong network takes time and effort, but it can make a huge difference in both personal and professional growth. This chapter reminded me that being connected is not just helpful, it is essential.

My grandparents and I.
Comments
Post a Comment